Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Create or modify user information in OID using DBMS_LDAP. (Oracle Application Server 10g 10.1.2.3)
Create or modify user information in OID using DBMS_LDAP. [message #473097] Wed, 25 August 2010 17:27 Go to next message
ashokgoli

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom package that creates users as well as modify user information in OID using DBMS_LDAP package. I was able to create the package but I am stuck on specifying the orcladmin password for the procedure DBMS_LDAP.simple_bind_s(my_session,'orcladmin','orcladminpwd');

I need to get the orcladmin password dynamically. Is there a way to achieve this?

We are planning to provide our application users the ability to add new users / modify their own OID information.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashok
Re: Create or modify user information in OID using DBMS_LDAP. [message #473111 is a reply to message #473097] Thu, 26 August 2010 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
And where do you want to get the password from?

Regards
Michel
Re: Create or modify user information in OID using DBMS_LDAP. [message #473144 is a reply to message #473111] Thu, 26 August 2010 04:36 Go to previous message
ashokgoli

Hi Michel,

This is where I am having an issue.

Typically, a user will login into our application and when he tries to update his personal info, the new info will need to be updated in the OID. So, everytime a user tries to update the info, do we need the orcladmin credentials to write the info to OID? I think I am missing something.

Thanks,

Ashok
Previous Topic: User unable to change password with "password" command
Next Topic: Secure Password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:17:32 CDT 2024