Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » URGENT!!! HOW TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR WORKFLOW?? (11.5.10.2)
icon5.gif  URGENT!!! HOW TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR WORKFLOW?? [message #472456] Fri, 20 August 2010 12:22 Go to next message
deepaunni
Hi,

We have a requirement where client team wants to send out remittance advice to our suppliers using the email addresses specified at the Supplier Site.
But the same time, they dont want to send out the email notifications to the suppliers whenever the purchase orders are approved.

Is there anyway to stop specific email notifications on the WF mailer?

Or should I customize the PO Approval workflow to remove the notifications to the Suppliers? Is this supported? Where should I customize the PO Approval Workflow.. Can anyone guide me??

Any help/suggestion is highly apperciated...

Thanks
Re: URGENT!!! HOW TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR WORKFLOW?? [message #472467 is a reply to message #472456] Fri, 20 August 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

the best way is to customize the workflow, and remove the notifications that you don't want to send. That way, they also won't be generated, and won't clog your system.
Customizing workflow is accepted by Oracle Support, even though the customization can sometimes be overwritten by a patch. And if there is a problem with that specific part of the item_type, Oracle can ask you to reproduce the issue with the original workflow.

The alternative is to create separate workflowmailers for the notifications that you want to mail or not mail. The ones that you don't want to mail can be redirected to a dummy-account. But you have to make sure they are removed from the e-mail system.

Regards,

Arian
Re: URGENT!!! HOW TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR WORKFLOW?? [message #472470 is a reply to message #472467] Fri, 20 August 2010 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepaunni
Thanks Arian. I am not sure, if I can customize this Process to remove notifications, because I see a red lock on the process, which means its locked right? ( I am a bit new to WF world, hence the question).
To define dedicated WF Mailers, probably may work for us, as the customizations to prevent Notifications to Suppliers for POs may be thrown away in the future...
I am not sure, I understand what you mean by dummy account? Can you please clarify..
Thanks
Re: URGENT!!! HOW TO STOP NOTIFICATIONS FOR A PARTICULAR WORKFLOW?? [message #472509 is a reply to message #472470] Sat, 21 August 2010 03:53 Go to previous message
Alien
Then it would be good to start with reading the WF development guide.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_06/current/acrobat/121wfdg.pdf

Look at page 3.21 and further about access levels and preserving customizations.

When you decide to leave the notifications in the workflow, they will be generated. And therefore, you'll need to get rid of them.
The notifications will be picked up by a workflow mailer. To avoid having them sent to the supplier, you can set up the workflow mailer to send to an override address. This can be a non-existent e-mail address. All e-mail from that workflow mailer will be sent to the override address.
But you have to make sure that all this non-deliverable e-mail does not fill up your e-mail system.

Regards,

Arian
Previous Topic: Install Oracle E-Business Suite new error
Next Topic: Reorganize APPLSYSD over Diferrent Schedules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:08:00 CDT 2024