Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle EBS APIs and best approach to import and export data/objets from EBS 12.1.1 ? (EBS 12.1.1 on windows 2008 server sp2)
Oracle EBS APIs and best approach to import and export data/objets from EBS 12.1.1 ? [message #463238] Wed, 30 June 2010 05:47
Konrad Hammerer
Hi All,

I have an EBS 12.1.1 windows 2008 server installation and I need to develop an interface which connects a third party software with the EBS to exchange data objects like items, BOMs, documents...

Up to know, I was told (mainly from Oracle), that web services and SOA Gateway is the best way to do that. But most of the times, I read about "Open Interfaces" like "Oracle Items Open Interfaces". If I understood correctly, this is a way to import data using special database tables, right? Some questions here:

1)
What about data export. Is this possible using this technology?

2)
How can I use open interfaces and even more important, how can I add my custom data to these special tables? Do I need to write a program using JDBC (or any other database connector) and enter the data with SQL statements?

I also heard a lot of PL/SQL. Can pl/sql be used to perform the above mentioned tasks? If so, how can that be done? If I understood correctly, pl/sql are some sort of stored procedures, right? This would also mean that I have to develop a program using a database connector and execute these stored procedures. Is that correct or is there another way to do that?

Is it correct, that ALL pl/sqls can be wrapped as a web service with the SOA Gateway? This would mean that I do not have to use pl/sqls directly? But, if I would like to test such an pl/sql function, how could I do that? Can I execute them from within SQL Developer?

What approach would you recommend to import and export EBS data? Open Interfaces, PL/SQL, web services or anything else?

Many thanks for your support,
Konrad
Previous Topic: new form opening from existing form
Next Topic: SQL*Loader-929: Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:17:07 CDT 2024