Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » R12 on a Vmwhare machine (EBS, R12, Windows, )
R12 on a Vmwhare machine [message #442385] Sun, 07 February 2010 09:41 Go to next message
MoonRacker
Good day All Gurus,

I am trying to installing R12 on a Vmwhare machine.

Firstly i have some years working & supporting different

windows platforms and i am confident on installing different application on this platform given right information.

I have gone to http://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form

and downloaded the following;

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here ( 1 - 4)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Rapid Install RDBMS - Disk 1 ( 1- 2)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Rapid Install Databases - Disk 1-6 (1 - 3)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 1 -

2)

Microsoft VC++ http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

CYGWIN http://cygwin.com/

I have 200gb sata hard disk, a dual core laptop with 4gb of memory.

I need advise in terms of the installation of the application.

I want to use vmwhare because of the portablity can anyone suggest possible problems i must face?

Any other useful tips and bit to make the installation as seamless as possible will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Re: R12 on a Vmwhare machine [message #442388 is a reply to message #442385] Sun, 07 February 2010 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hi - on my laptop (Dell M1530, 4G RAM, 32bit Vista) I run EBS12.1.1 in a Linux VM, using Sun's VirtualBox and OEL5. I had to adjust the Windows kernel to make enough RAM available:
bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072
bcdedit /set pae forceenable

(I don't know if that is the best way, but it works for me.)

I tried to do it using VMware, but I found that the free version wasn't good enough: that's why I use VirtualBox, which really is free. And I think it performs significantly better. And speaking of "free", C++ is included with Linux, won't you have to buy it for Windows? Incidentally, you do know that you won't have enough disc space for the Vision database?

Good luck.
Re: R12 on a Vmwhare machine [message #442494 is a reply to message #442388] Mon, 08 February 2010 09:18 Go to previous message
MoonRacker
John,

Excellent feedback, most appreciated indeed.

Well spotted the 200gb is too small probably will invest in 300gb.

I am leaning towards using sun's or vmwhare linux as the core OS on the VM boxes however as a window technie i was just a bit apprehensive since linux os isnt natural to me.

My question is two folds, how does sun vm compares with vm linux.

Secondly in terms of installation it is do know where i can pick installation guidelines .

Thanks
Previous Topic: Quote Creation Problem
Next Topic: EBS LOV country description modify (merged 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:41:11 CDT 2024