Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up (Oracle EBIZ R12)
DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #433987] Sun, 06 December 2009 04:27 Go to next message
vikrams

Hi,
We are facing with the problem of network connectivity lost on our DB server.

Suddenly the Application server is not able to connect to DB node.

Networking team is checking the issue, but my question is, if the DB Connection is lost, will the application server get corrupted.

I'm not sure if we can make the Application server down by running the adstpall.sh command because the application server cannot connect to DB node

Please let me know the implications.

Thanks,
Vikram Shinde
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #433989 is a reply to message #433987] Sun, 06 December 2009 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
if the DB Connection is lost, will the application server get corrupted.

It depends on our your applicatin is coded and what you mean by "application server get corrupted".

Regards
Michel
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #433991 is a reply to message #433989] Sun, 06 December 2009 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrams

I'm talking about the Oracle EBiz Suite R12.
So the application server is made by oracle Very Happy

I'm not sure that it will get corrupted means it will get some issues and we cannot recover it.

If anybody has faced this kind of problem then would like to hear the implications
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #433992 is a reply to message #433991] Sun, 06 December 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I'm talking about the Oracle EBiz Suite R12.

So I will move the topic to the appropriate forum, maybe someone knowing this application can answer you.

Regards
Michel
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #433993 is a reply to message #433992] Sun, 06 December 2009 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrams

Thanks Michel
Appreciate your help
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #434018 is a reply to message #433987] Sun, 06 December 2009 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil_apps

is your problem solved? I also faced same problem when I ran Autoconfig.

1.Check Apps Listener
2.Check DB listener
3.Check your TNS Entries are corrupted? and also Sqlnet.ora files.

if you have file system backup you can verify. Is your application is configured in Cluster?
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #434668 is a reply to message #433987] Thu, 10 December 2009 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Psih
Hi.
I think that your application server will not be corrupted. You just should make a "clear" restart of Db and App when APP will be able to connect to DB.

When you will try to stop your APP you see error from stop internal concurrent manager script. Relax it isn`t fatal for your system.
Re: DATABASE Connectivity is lost, but Application is Up [message #439908 is a reply to message #434668] Wed, 20 January 2010 01:23 Go to previous message
Binayendu
Yes..Application server will not be corrupted. Just do a clean shutdown/startup of DB/application while DB server network will be restored.
Previous Topic: Fixed Assets - Jounal Entries - Wrong GL Date
Next Topic: Customer conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:29:08 CDT 2024