Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Problem in Bursting Engine, Oracle R12
Problem in Bursting Engine, Oracle R12 [message #421525] Wed, 09 September 2009 01:23 Go to next message
Nshan
I have a requirement to print and send an email using Bursting engine concept.
Bursting program should send an email about customer details to respective persons.
Also it should send output report to printer if the specified email id is not valid or there is no email id to send.

My program is sending emails properly.
But sending output report to printer is not working.
In bursting output XML file i could see the document status 'SUCCESS'
But i couldn't able to see my report output in printer queue.

<xapi:print id="printer1" printer="ipp://10.3.95.19:631/podg2b" copies="1" />

This is what i have mentioned in my control file.
Where 10.3.95.19 - printer IP address
631 - Port number
podg2b - printer name

I am not sure about the above mentioned syntax "printer="ipp://10.3.95.19:631/podg2b""

I have attached my control file.

Could any one tell me what may the issue?
Re: Problem in Bursting Engine, Oracle R12 [message #421785 is a reply to message #421525] Thu, 10 September 2009 08:55 Go to previous message
mpiland
Nshan,

You might want to look at the following.

1. Try ipp://ip:port/printers/printername for the printer syntax. I added the /printers/ to the syntax you were using. You can verify this by going to the default printers page in CUPS by going to http: //machinename:port/printers, i.e. http: //10.3.95.19:631/printers

2. After trying that I'd turn on logging for cups. This configuration is known to work for Oracle Enterprise Linux v4. This may not work with other operating systems.

1. Change /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

Find line that says:
LogLevel xxxx

Change xxxx to be:
debug2

2. Restart cups:
cd /etc/init.d
./cups restart

3. Re-do troublesome operation to capture to log. i.e. reprint.

4. View log files in /var/log/cups

I see from your control file that the output is set to PDF. The other thing you might want to verify is whether your printer supports a raw PDF. If you are sending down a PDF then you will need a printer that can handle PDF. If your printer does not support PDF then consider outputting the print request as Postscript. Most printers do not support PDF.

Unfortunately, one of the down sides of using CUPS with XMLP is that XMLP simply hands off the data to cups. After that there is no going back. That's why you are seeing success in the return file. The status is based on the successful "handoff" to cups, rather than the true disposition of the print job.

I hope this helps.
Previous Topic: RX-Report
Next Topic: Expense Report R12 vs 11i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:46:06 CDT 2024