Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Closing old purchase orders (Oracle Financials 11.5.10.2, Windows XP)
Closing old purchase orders [message #417948] Wed, 12 August 2009 04:37 Go to next message
dreamkatcha
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a major house-keeping exercise and therefore have to close down thousands of redundant purchase orders. I've managed to do this automatically using a script for the majority of them, but several hundred unapproved, incomplete or in process ones won't budge for various reasons.

Some of the error messages I've received include...

- Line #1 Shipment #1 Distribution #1 This Accounting Flexfield does not allow detail posting
- Line #1 Shipment #1 Distribution #1 This Accounting Flexfield is disabled or out-of-date
- Error: Line # 1 Shipment # 1 Distribution # 1 The accounting date is not in an open encumbrance period. (when trying to approve and unapproved PO)
- Line #4 Shipment #1 You cannot cancel a fully received purchase order.

Any suggestions as to how to 'finally close' these would be much appreciated, thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 04:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Closing old purchase orders [message #425575 is a reply to message #417948] Fri, 09 October 2009 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rklemm
In process need to be rejected. This will make them, the incomplete and unapproved(?) able to be simply deleted via the delete icon or a SQL.
Re: Closing old purchase orders [message #468061 is a reply to message #425575] Wed, 28 July 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdevoresapientcom
Would you be able to share the script as my group closes large numbers of PO lines and we are currently doing that process manually. I have not been able to figure out a dataloader script or excell macro because "close" is not always the second option (depending on status)
Re: Closing old purchase orders [message #468065 is a reply to message #468061] Wed, 28 July 2010 14:08 Go to previous message
dreamkatcha
Thanks for the suggestion, rklemm. I never did get to try it out though because I'd already left the company by then. For the same reason I can't share the script unfortunately. I wouldn't know where to start either; the one I was using was put together by one of our IT tech support staff sorry.
Previous Topic: ERROR CODE:1072896760
Next Topic: submit concurrent request from oracle report 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:50:23 CDT 2024