Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » JDBC Connect Time LB to RAC (Oracle RAC 10.2.0.3)
JDBC Connect Time LB to RAC [message #417851] Tue, 11 August 2009 17:42 Go to next message
emmitt1219
I am doing a connect time load balancing through type 4 jdbc driver connecting to Oracle RAC. My question is. When I am doing a connect time lb (without ONS enabled), how does the jdbc driver determine which RAC instance to route traffic to? How does it know the availability of the RAC instances? Is it still listening to FAN events?
Re: JDBC Connect Time LB to RAC [message #424379 is a reply to message #417851] Thu, 01 October 2009 22:14 Go to previous message
mkounalis
Would need to see your connect string - and I don't think you mentioned thick or thin jdbc connections, but if you aren't using ONS then it might be randomly picking from the list of targets in your connect string, or simply always using the first target and seeing if the listener there redirects the connect attempt. The best book about this kind of topic is titled "Oracle Database Programming using Java and Web Services" by Kuassi Mensah. I am pretty sure that in order to subscribe to FAN events you need to be using the Oracle Implicit Connection Cache and have ONS configured.
Previous Topic: RAC failover question
Next Topic: Oracle9i&10g RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:16:07 CDT 2024