Home » Other » Client Tools » Development Tools (3 posts merged by bb)
Development Tools (3 posts merged by bb) [message #392966] Thu, 19 March 2009 18:35 Go to next message
florida
I am currently using Oracle 9i OEM client on my local workstation to connect to our Oracle 9i database and to my local Oracle development database. It is a great tool with everything I need for Oracle work and development. I am not a DBA but do some DBA work with my local Oracle database.
Now we will be upgrading to Oracle 10g. I have a choice between 2 tools for connecting to Oracle 10g. One is Oracle Client and the other is OEM grid control. What is the difference because the 2 tools?
Re: Development tools [message #392969 is a reply to message #392966] Thu, 19 March 2009 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

do NOT cross/multi-post

Re: Development tools [message #392975 is a reply to message #392969] Thu, 19 March 2009 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehegagoka
OT: Just a note on cross/multi posting. Looks like there's a bug somewhere ( this forum or our browser, not sure ). When some people do post a topic they hit "submit" it just hangs ( i encounter this usually on firefox ), but then try opening a new browser then you'll see that it was already posted. Maybe some users don't double check it then just do "multi-click" of the submit button which then creates the multi-post. This is just to give notice also to the admins.

For the OP, I'm not using this tools, but maybe the docs could help you or a quick googling.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rhani
Re: Development tools [message #393018 is a reply to message #392975] Fri, 20 March 2009 00:49 Go to previous message
Frank
ehegagoka wrote on Fri, 20 March 2009 02:19
OT: Just a note on cross/multi posting. Looks like there's a bug somewhere ( this forum or our browser, not sure ). When some people do post a topic they hit "submit" it just hangs ( i encounter this usually on firefox ), but then try opening a new browser then you'll see that it was already posted. Maybe some users don't double check it then just do "multi-click" of the submit button which then creates the multi-post. This is just to give notice also to the admins.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rhani

Thanks for the heads up. There is a topic in the Feedback & Suggestion Forum discussing this problem. I can assure that it has the attention of the admin.
Previous Topic: ora-06550 error after execute a pl/sql block?
Next Topic: Unable to debug procedure using pl/sql debugger using 10g (Merged 4)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:41:56 CDT 2024