Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Merging Applications
Merging Applications [message #385612] Tue, 10 February 2009 04:35 Go to next message
Derek N
I have 3 separate applications. I now want to merge the 3 applications into 1.

Ie. Application 1 - 'Codes', application 2 'Sales', application 3 - 'Products'

I now want a single application that when run would show the following tabs on top. | Codes | Sales | Products|

When I click on tab Codes, the Codes application is run. When I click on tab Sales the Sales application is run.

How do I go about merging these applications into a single application?
Re: Merging Applications [message #385619 is a reply to message #385612] Tue, 10 February 2009 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
dear Derek N,

do you mean to say that you have developed 3 applications under three different schema. I also like to how many pages you have developed in each application and how many tables are involved.

what is the bottleneck on combining all the pages under one schema and you may require to create as different page nos while you copy the pages from those applications. if you can, then rest of the things can be handled with tabset and tabs.

By keeping three different applications what sort of the benefit you derive since you wish to call three different applications through ts and tabs.

if you are very confident on maintaining three different applications existance you shall try to branch through URL, but once again you have to pass through different login routines since different schema involved.

it seems (on the face of titles) that all the applications are interlinked. In case if you have 4GB limitation in your mind, that can not be solved by keeping three different applications under different schema.

yours
dr.s.raghunathan

Re: Merging Applications [message #385632 is a reply to message #385619] Tue, 10 February 2009 05:42 Go to previous message
Derek N
Hi

All three applications are under one schema. The applications are named 'Codes', 'Sales' and 'Products'.

Each application is made up of about 6-9 pages and use bout 15 tables on average. It was originally intended to be run individually but we have now decided to merge them into one.

Previous Topic: Interactive report with buttons
Next Topic: how to pass parameter and receive that paramter in pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:42:36 CDT 2024