Home » Server Options » Replication » What does "WITH SEQUENCE" clause in "CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG" statement do?
What does "WITH SEQUENCE" clause in "CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG" statement do? [message #376695] Thu, 18 December 2008 05:19 Go to next message
rizimazhar

Since i had mix of INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE operations with my materialized view, so I had a little issue with the execution seuqnce as mentioned earlier.

Can anybody tell me exactly what is the function of WITH SEQUENCE clause in CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG statement.

[TOPIC SPLIT by LF]

[Updated on: Thu, 18 December 2008 13:44] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376723 is a reply to message #376695] Thu, 18 December 2008 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Hello,

Don't start new topic from existing thread.

Babu
Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376727 is a reply to message #376695] Thu, 18 December 2008 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Reported By: gentlebabu On: Thu, 18 December 2008 13:40 In: Server Options » Replication » snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order
Reason Hello, Please chk this thread. Requesting to you lock this topic. Thank you in advance. Babu

Don't report message to get attention.
Read forum guide, it is said this is not allowed and even counter-productive.

Regards
Michel
Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376729 is a reply to message #376727] Thu, 18 December 2008 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Michel,

I believe you got it wrong: @gentlebabu is warning @rizimazhar not to ask questions which are not related to the original problem into the same topic.

In other words, I think that he'd like moderators to split this topic (i.e. message dated Thu, 18 December 2008 12:19 CET). OK, he wanted this topic to be locked, but I wouldn't want to do that.

Split - yes.
Lock - no.

Or, did I misunderstood the problem? If so, could you, @gentlebabu, explain it once again, please?
Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376824 is a reply to message #376729] Thu, 18 December 2008 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Hello Mr.Michel & Mr.Littlefoot,

>>Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order

ASAIK This thread only started for analyzing snapshot refresh order only.

But recent post NOT related to subject.

Quote:
Since i had mix of INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE operations with my materialized view, so I had a little issue with the execution seuqnce as mentioned earlier.

Can anybody tell me exactly what is the function of WITH SEQUENCE clause in CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG statement.

I believe it's NOT related to subject.

My Mistake I need to suggested to Mr.rizimazhar create new topic for posting query's also mistakenly used 'LOCK' word.

This topic should be split not LOCK.

Thank you in advance.

Babu
Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376896 is a reply to message #376729] Fri, 19 December 2008 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I indeed misunderstood the reporting message.
Thanks for correcting.

What is ASAIK?

Regards
Michel
Re: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order [message #376918 is a reply to message #376896] Fri, 19 December 2008 03:02 Go to previous message
babuknb

Sorry for using IM-Speak.

Thanks for catching.

>>What is ASAIK? – I guess As per As I know.

@rizimazhar;

Check Here

Babu

[Updated on: Fri, 19 December 2008 03:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: snapshot refresh order, can we perform in order
Next Topic: ORA-06502 in DBMS_RECTIFIER_DIFF.DIFFERENCES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:00:47 CDT 2024