Home » Other » Marketplace » Re: 1st Time contractor going for interview HELP!!!!!
Re: 1st Time contractor going for interview HELP!!!!! [message #368872] Thu, 09 December 1999 12:10
Jennifer Pickle
Leighton,
I am a technical recruiter with several years experience. From my perspective you should prepare for the interview keeping in mind the individual you are speaking with. For example, if you are doing a technical interview you would want to be prepared to answer what versions of a particular software you have used, in what manner you have used it and details about the processes you have utilized. It may seem like you are stating the obivious but technical interviewer want you to tell them how you did something even if they know how to do it. In the situation where you would be interviewing with a recruiter or human resources representative be sure to present yourself in a professional manner. Answer the questions appropriatly understanding that these are not technical people and they are looking for keywords (ie-I do not know exactly what an Oracle DBA does but I do know that for out requirements they need to have design tool like Erwin or Visio. I will scan a resume for those terms). In addition you will want to be honest-nothing is more frustrating then getting a different answer from a consultant whenever you ask a question. It is even worse to change your answer. For example, if you tell them that you are willing to travel anywhere and then they say you have to go to Utah and you are not willing to travel to Utah then you are not willing to travel anywhere. It is important to be upfront with that information. Also, be sure to ask about the project. You need details also and a good recruiter or agency will give you as much detail as possible. I hope this helps you if you have any additional questions please drop me an e-mail.
Previous Topic: Great Site with free work from home jobs!
Next Topic: PL/SQL Programmers Needed (Dallas, TX)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:05:54 CDT 2024