Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » JDBC thin client connection to RAC (Oracle 11g Linux, JDBC Windows 2003)
icon4.gif  JDBC thin client connection to RAC [message #354749] Tue, 21 October 2008 02:01 Go to next message
malneedy
Hi,

I have an Oracle 11g 2 node RAC on linux Redhat.
I am able to connect to it from jdbc thin client on linux OS with no issues.
But I am having issues connecting to it from jdbc thin client on windows 2003 OS. It gives the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Below is the connection string I am using:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=ON)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server11-vip) (PORT=1521)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server12-vip) (PORT=1521)) (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=orcl.unitydev.info)))

And sometimes it connects but after a minute it disconnects and gives the above error again. I have tried adding the ADDRESS_LIST and SERVER=DEDICATED parameters to the string too. But still does not work.
Any help would be appreciated.
THanks in advance.
Re: JDBC thin client connection to RAC [message #354920 is a reply to message #354749] Wed, 22 October 2008 00:01 Go to previous message
malneedy
I have found the cause of the issue. THe hostname had to include the DNS name not just the hostname. Instead of server11-vip I had to use server11-vip.unitydev.info.
For more information visit http://blog.pramatiservices.com

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Listener problem
Next Topic: Restarting Instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:16:44 CDT 2024