Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose?
can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose? [message #35915] Tue, 23 October 2001 10:06 Go to next message
Naren
Hi good people,
I normally write sql script for reports and use sql plus formating commands. If the report is too complex, is there any way I could use PL/SQL proc to do that. I yes, could you please send me an example report if you have one developed using pl/sql.

thanks
naren

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose? [message #35923 is a reply to message #35915] Wed, 24 October 2001 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ash
Yes, you can use PL/SQL proc to generate a report.
Return the cursor as the output.
I have used in generating the crystal reports.

Re: can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose? [message #35925 is a reply to message #35923] Wed, 24 October 2001 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naren
Hi Ash,
Do you mind if I ask you for an example pl/sql report to mail it to me.
thanks
naren

Re: can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose? [message #35927 is a reply to message #35925] Wed, 24 October 2001 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ash
Refer to answer by milan in reponse to query by PoonamB which is just before your question.
If it doen't help, let me know I will send you an example. please forward me your email id.

Re: can pl/sql be used for reporting purpose? [message #35952 is a reply to message #35927] Thu, 25 October 2001 08:51 Go to previous message
Naren
Hi Ash
I refered it. I am wondering after we send the cursor as the output, how do I do the formatting if I'm using sql plus formatting commands. An example would be very helpful. My email id is ntarikere@tvi.cc.nm.us
thanks much
naren

Previous Topic: Please advice where can I find some material/questions to..
Next Topic: Last Record In Cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:10:52 CDT 2024