Home » Other » Training & Certification » Help shape a future ;-)
Help shape a future ;-) [message #324235] Sat, 31 May 2008 17:27 Go to next message
ethosit
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I wanted to start my very first post with a question. I am a student at the University College West Flanders, in the field of Networkeconomics. It's quite a mouthful, but it comes down to that I learn about how to communicate, that I start to develop an economic spirit and that I eventually gain insight on IT.

During my education, I learned more about IT focused on enterprises. I worked with ERP-suites: SAP Business One and Microsoft Navision. Got familiar with CRM and SaaS-app's like salesforce.com, specific to that field. Finally I started with Business Intelligence and how it's done with Microsoft SQL Server.

Now I have half a year to prepare for an internship and Oracle caught my attention. The company is big as it's diverse and I wanted to hear from the people here where to start. My main focus lies in ERP and BI and what would you, people with experience, recommend to someone with my background...

Many thanks in advance & kind regards!

btw: I would have posted this in the Marketplace forum, but due to the lack of replies in this forum and to my ambiguously question, I posted this here...
Re: Help shape a future ;-) [message #324252 is a reply to message #324235] Sun, 01 June 2008 01:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Welcome to the forum.
As you start in professional life, I will make a couple of remarks on your post.

Quote:
I would have posted this in the Marketplace forum,

This is a bad point, you read rules, you don't like them, you choose to workaroung them. I think this is not a good starting point neither here, nor in life.
By the way, I think "Homework, Training & Certification" should be a better forum, isn't the core of your post "I have half a year to prepare for an internship"? (I move it there.)

Quote:
but due to the lack of replies in this forum [Marketplace]

The purpose of this forum is not to get answer (I mean in the forum itself), so it is normal to have few inline replies.

I think you should start to wander on Oracle Technology Network and follow the links you are interested in.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 01 June 2008 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Purity level in plsql
Next Topic: using alter command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:19:46 CDT 2024