Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Java app waiting forever for Oracle (Oracle 9, win server 2003)
Java app waiting forever for Oracle [message #316522] Fri, 25 April 2008 09:01 Go to next message
poring
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this problem.

Here is the situation: I have a few Java applications (some running in tomcat) that make calls to an Oracle 9 server. Most of the time, everything runs just fine, but sometimes, Oracle goes to a state where if a Java app makes an SQL call, it waits forever for an answer to this call, and the only way to resolve this is to restart the Oracle service. I insist on the fact that the Java app waits forever, without getting an exception or a timeout. It is only when I shut Oracle down that I get the following exception:

SQLException
java.sql.SQLException: Exception d'E/S: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

I observe the same "hang" behavior in all my Java apps at the same time, wether they use Hibernate or use the java.sql classes directly.

Anyone got an idea of what could be causing this, or an advice on how to debug this? Thanks.
Re: Java app waiting forever for Oracle [message #316547 is a reply to message #316522] Fri, 25 April 2008 11:51 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Did you search what Oracle is doing (or maybe waiting)?
Activate a trace on the session.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: xmlelement
Next Topic: Create Oracle Text Index from Java via JDBC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:41:09 CDT 2024