Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Query regarding upgrading protection mode in a data guard
Query regarding upgrading protection mode in a data guard [message #316364] Thu, 24 April 2008 16:17 Go to next message
rolex.mp
I am using Oracle 10g in Linux platform

Consider that I have a logical standby and a physical standby and now I want to upgrade the protection mode of physical standby but want the logical standby to retain the protection mode .

According to the Oracle documentation they have specified that the following statement has to be issued from primary to upgrade protection mode of a standby
SQL > Alter database set standby database to maximum availability;

So to which standby this statement will refer to, whether logical standby or physical standby?

Re: Query regarding upgrading protection mode in a data guard [message #317903 is a reply to message #316364] Sun, 04 May 2008 15:44 Go to previous message
email.sandeepnaik
My thinking would be,

protection modes(max avail, max performance, max protection) are applied against physical standby.

Logical standby is open anyway and available for use anytime.

During one of my testing, I had logical created and then created physical...later changed protection mode to max availability on primary... it retained same mode on logical but changed mode to max avail on physical.

Sandeep
Previous Topic: ORA-01665: control file is not a standby control file
Next Topic: Doubt regarding switchover from logical standby to primary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:44 CDT 2024