Re: Did the authors of "anchor modeling" plagiarize several new theories that are related to general database theory?

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 06:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

2. New theory about abstract objects and objects from the real world

In my paper "Some Ideas about a New Data Model" presented on my website and on this user group on September 17, 2005, I have introduced „New theory related to abstract and real object“. In this new theory it is accepted that every object has changes during its existence and that it is the same object that has only changed its states. For example, one man changes his physical attributes during his life. However, we consider that the person with the changes is the same as the original person and for the duration of its existence we use the same name - No matter how much this person has changed.
In the current theory and practice for the databases we have the following rule: if an entity changes its attributes then we change the key of this entity.

In my opinion, current database theory has not solved the problem of changing the states of the objects and the corresponding keys for such objects.

Unlike the existing theory, my solution has the identification of the entity  and has the identification of each state of this entity. This leads to a new theory of databases. So, I link all the changes to the identifier of the  entity. The identifier of the entity remains fixed, but the entity has states. In this way the entity does not change, but has states in which it existed.
This my solution provides a new theory of objects and relationships between objects.
This my solution shows how some of the most important mental, logical, semantic and linguistic procedures can be constructed and how they can be connected.
We also can notice that objects and relationships between objects are very important concepts in some other sciences.

These authors from the University of Stockholm plagiarized my ideas and my work, that I explained here. They published it as their paper, giving it the name of "anchor modeling".

I presented my solution publicly on this user group on September 2005 and also on my website.
Paper anchor modeling was presented in December 2009. In this period of four years, my solution had a lengthy discussion, sometimes it was on a daily basis. This user group was then the most popular in the world and translated at more than 10 languages. So my solution was well known.

Since modern databases are based on semantic and logic, then my solution introduces new improvements to an important part of existing semantic theory. And that implies changes in database theory that are of fundamental character. That is why this plagiarism of the authors of "anchor modeling" is actually a plagiarism of important theories in contemporary science.

In this user group, some users have claimed that my identifier of a state of an entity is a surrogate key. But that's not true. My solution has an identifier of an entity and an identifier of a state of the entity. A new idea for identifiers has been applied here - this is the idea that identifiers can be linked in a variety of ways. My solution semantically links these two identifiers.
(i) The identifier of an entity is linked with identifiers of states of

     the entity.
(ii) The identifier of an entity (which is in the database) is linked with

     the corresponding identifier of the entity in the real world. In this
     way the identifier of the entity identify entity which is in the memory
     (i.e in the database) with the corresponding entity in the real world.
An identifier of states of an entity is always associated with its entity identifier. In addition, the identifier of states of an entity has many time oriented data and very complex links between these data. As far as I know, no other data model can provide such complex links between the real world and the abstract world. My data model always determines exactly who (or what procedure) has entered some data. This system for EVERY data can determine who entered this data into database. So my "key" is not a surrogate key. My "key" gives a much stronger connection to the real world than any other data model.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Thu May 02 2019 - 15:30:25 CEST

Original text of this message