Re: Is Russell's paradox in fact fraud?

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

I presented my solution of "Russell's Paradox" at this user group. At that time, I did not know that Zermelo was the first who discovered this paradox and the first who solved it.
In this thread, I have underlined that Zermel's solution is given within the set theory.
My solution is of a general nature. It is at Logic and Semantics level. Why is it important to make a solution at a general level? The solution at the general level enables the realization of these complex ideas in computer technology, artificial intelligence, robotics and advanced software. Of course, the general solution is most important for scientific theory.

Before presenting my main ideas in solving this paradox, I will present what other scientists have rightly solved in this paradox. After reading Russell's letter, Frege realized that there were some mistakes in his work. In Frege's response to Russell's letter, he wrote the following: „ ... Your discovery of the contradiction caused me the greatest surprise and, I would almost say, consternation, since it has shaken the basis on which I intended to build arithmetic...“.

However, no one has specified exactly where the mistake is. In the first post of this thread I wrote that Russell did not understand the basic things of paradox. By the end of his life, Frege remained convinced that he well defined the concept. Zermelo introduced a kind of constrain but did not explain the essence of the problem.
My solution is based on semantics and logic (not on sets) and in my opinion these theories are on higher levels than the set theory. I wrote a lot about my solution on this user group. Also, you can find my solution on my website www.dbdesign10.com and www.dbdesign11.com

Note that concepts (predicates) determine plurality, that is a set. In my solution, attention is paid to elements of sets, rather than to sets. In the set theory, the basic concept is an object. Elements of a set are objects. Since a set can be an element of another set, then a set is also an object.
In my solution, I assume that elements of the set are names of objects rather than objects.

In my solution, I use Leibniz's law in an altered form. I did four changes to Leibniz's law:
(i) I introduced the state of the objects rather than the objects.
(ii) I introduced the atomic structures of the objects.
(iii) I introduced the extrinsic properties of the objects, which I added to

      the intrinsic
      properties of the object. So, the objects in my solution have
      intrinsic and extrinsic properties.

(iv) I have introduced the history of events from objects.

Objects that are defined with these changes can also work as objects that have Null values. In addition to Leibniz's law, I have also introduced the identification of objects, attributes and relationships.

Regarding set theory and axioms associated with this paradox, I wrote about this topic and also about identifying of elements of a set, in my thread "A new way for the foundation of set theory".

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Sat Sep 23 2017 - 20:52:06 CEST

Original text of this message