Re: Comments on Norbert's topological extension of relational algebra

From: Norbert_Paul <norbertpauls_spambin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 13:15:20 +0100

Tegiri Nenashi wrote:
> Egenhofer's approach seems to be sharper than RCC8. For one thing,
> there is no muddling the water mereologic stuff. Therefore, let's
> focus on Egenhofer's approach. Can you please expand on
> differences of your method with Egenhofer's (aside the database angle)?

My approach: A data model to store, construct, and query arbitrary

              topological spaces (of arbitrary dimension).

Egenhofer: A set of (mostly) 8 predicates that can only be applied to

            pairs of "regular" sets in a topological space (mostly R^2).
           (A set is "regular" if it is not empty, not the entire point
            set, I guess, and if it is the closure of an open set.)