Re: Love or hate, or? domains with cardinality two

From: Tegiri Nenashi <TegiriNenashi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:44:32 -0800 (PST)

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 12:13:04 PM UTC-8, Erwin wrote:
> Op dinsdag 3 november 2015 21:56:28 UTC+1 schreef Tegiri Nenashi:
> > Are you comfortable with nested relations? If you do, then boolean domains should be allowed, because booleans are propositional values, while propositions are 0-ary predicates.
>
> I don't understand the connection. Care to explain ?

Boolean logic operates with variables and constants which are propositions. Predicate calculus operates with predicates which are more general objects (because propositions are predicates of arity zero).

Note that in Predicate Calculus domain variables are not Boolean. If domain values were allowed to be propositions, then why not admit predicates themselves as well? Received on Fri Nov 20 2015 - 19:44:32 CET

Original text of this message