Re: Love or hate, or? domains with cardinality two

From: Tegiri Nenashi <TegiriNenashi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:29:01 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 2:17:42 PM UTC-8, -CELKO- wrote:
> I did a piece on this topic:
>
> https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=celko%20bit%20of%20a%20problem
>
> I am against it for reasons given there.

Auction example is a very good one. Auction is just an example of an operation performed by a system, with a result being something more than just a Boolean. Virtually every software system provides integer codes, or exceptions as information about operation success or failure. The asymmetry is very puzzling: if it is a success we don't want to know more details, whereas exception or error code is an information indispensable for troubleshooting. Received on Thu Nov 12 2015 - 20:29:01 CET

Original text of this message