Re: Tarski school influence on Database Theory

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 07:49:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dana srijeda, 30. rujna 2015. u 00:11:28 UTC+2, korisnik vldm10 napisao je:

> In my opinion Codd i Date didn't completely understand Frege's theory. You
> can see Frege's "relations" in my post of September 24, 2013, in thread
> "Sensible and NonsenSQL Aspects of the NoSQL Hoopla". In this post you can
> notice, that Frege presented some kind of "nested predicates". In this post
> you can see exactly what Frege called relations.
> My approach in the construction of the database is different from Codd's.
> However you asked me, what is in my opinion First normal form.
> If we are talking in simplified terms then First normal form is Codd's first
> step in the process of building a relational database.
>
> Vladimir Odrljin

I would like to clarify a little more this my sentence : In this post you can notice, that Frege presented some kind of "nested predicates".

In Frege system, a predicate can not have a predicate as argument. Note that the extension of a predicate is itself an object. So the following sentence: "a predicate is predicated of itself" - is not correct in Frege system.

So I used "nested predicates" in terms of the schema, that I described in my post from September 24, 2013.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Sat Oct 24 2015 - 16:49:32 CEST

Original text of this message