Re: "Hard" Key Determination Method is Easy. DNF Paper is Done..

From: Nicola <nvitacolonna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 11:18:13 +0100

In article <bef08005-8a74-4b97-8fce-652022af0e0c_at_googlegroups.com>,  Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys and Dolls

This prompts me to point out that Nicola is an Italian *male* name. I usually get treated better than I am worth in public forums when I omit that :)

> Ok, so it wasn't a contradiction,
> it was missing requirements. "multiple chapters" implies:
> - multiple courses
> - one exam per course
> - multiple chapters per exam, in one sitting

Yes.

> - No redundancies;

In StudentExamination, the fact that, say, Room 101 will host the Networks exam on 3/10, 1pm, is repeated for each student taking that exam. This is a form of redundancy.

> no Update Anomalies

Yes, that may well be the case, with the proper inter-relational constraints in place. For example, the redundancy mentioned above does not cause update anomalies by virtue of a referential integrity constraint.

> Back to work.

Definitely.

Nicola