Re: [LIU Comp Sci] Need tutoring on Relational Calculus

From: ruben safir <ruben_at_mrbrklyn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 02:43:55 -0500

On 12/21/2014 05:48 PM, James K. Lowden wrote:
> If I were you, I think I'd likely reject my advice, because it's easier
> to locate the "blame" outside ourselves.

:)

I'm pretty good with a couple of degrees in my pocket already ;) I can do both! Tell when a book sucks, see when a teacher is lost, and also blame myself for not understand.

Blaming yourself for not understand, even for a younger student, gets you NOWHERE. It is the opposite. A student should be cocky and believe that if someone else thought this up, understood it and put it on paper, they I can learn it as well. But when the book sucks, the thing to do is not to just read it over and over again, frustrating yourself. As you point out, learning is hard work. You have to hit the library. Find a mentor. Pool your resources and find external material. Talk about it. Think about it. Explore the ideas. Share.... learning is sharing.

And on that note, thank you for sharing your time with me!

Ruben Received on Mon Dec 22 2014 - 08:43:55 CET

Original text of this message