Re: RDBMS using hashtables

From: Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 06:37:49 -0700 (PDT)

Alexander

Sorry about the noise on the channel. Some people have untreated obsessive-compulsive disorder, distemper, oppositional-defiance disorder, incontinence, etc. Not surprisingly, they insist that they know about *order*. Some of them re-define *order*, so that they can claim that they have the very thing that freaks the hell out of them. Nutcases are full of self-contradictions.

Which got me thinking. What definition of *order-preserving*, re has functions of course, are you using ?

My response above assumes you are *not* meaning something along the lines of the seed value in a RAND() function.

Cheers
Derek Received on Tue Sep 02 2014 - 15:37:49 CEST

Original text of this message