Re: some information about anchor modeling

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 11:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Derek

Considering that you partially agree with me on the anchor modeling and that you do not agree that the anchor modeling is plagiarism, then in this post, I will give facts which confirm that the anchor modeling is plagiarism. Here I will mention only my solutions that are relevant to database theory, and which are used in the anchor modeling. These solutions are posted on my web site and at this user group in 2005. The anchor modeling paper was published in 2009. Fixed version of anchor modeling was published in 2010, after the presentation of my critique of anchor modeling.
The anchor modeling paper has published the following things and these things have been published previously in my papers:

  1. Simple key that I named the identifier of an entity. This key is plagiarized in anchor modeling and named with another name - anchor key. Specially important to this key, is that it enables construction which preserves and maintains the history of entities and relationships. This whole idea was plagiarized in the anchor modeling. This technique has been extensively discussed on this user group. Note that in my paper from May 2006 (see text from September 2005, section 4 at http://www.dbdesign11.com ), in Simple Form, there is the general form of Simple key. Simple Form provides complete theoretical basis for surrogate keys, anchor keys and indexes. In this paper, the decomposition of entities (relationships) was done.
  2. My paper is the first data model that enables the modeling of history of entities and relationships
  3. My paper is the only one that has done the composition of entities and relationships into atomic structures. In 2005 I solved the problem of the decomposition into atomic structures for General databases (General Form), and in 2006 I solved the problem of the decomposition for databases that maintains only current state (Simple Form). Note that anchor modeling uses the decomposition into atomic structures.
  4. My model is only one that defined and introduced states of entities and relationships.
  5. My data model introduces the identifier of states of entities. After my critique of serious theoretical mistakes in the anchor modeling, the authors have published in 2010, fixed version of their paper. In the paper they introduced the identifier of states of relationship. The states are the most important part of my paper. The identifier of a state of a relationship enables solutions for most complex databases.
  6. My model defines states with Structural Knowledge. The authors of the anchor modeling use part of this structural knowledge. This part they call meta data.

In my threads "The original version" and "Some information about anchor modeling", I have described in details these plagiarisms. Each of above examples is important part of db theory, especially when they are all together in one paper.

If you think that something in this post is not correct, please let me know. We can analyze it.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon Apr 21 2014 - 20:32:59 CEST

Original text of this message