Re: What is a database?

From: Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 04:41:23 -0800 (PST)

> On Friday, 28 February 2014 06:07:41 UTC+11, Jan Hidders wrote:
>
> Unless we agree on one, and then it is *our* private definition,

I suppose you call that "logic".

Ok, so you can't participate in the thread. You can only participate in the opinions about definitions.

> and then we can have a meaningful and fruitful discussion about it.

Fruit require seeds, and you have shown me none. All you have done is promise to argue about the fruit; that you can redefine stone as fruit.

Oh yeah, and address tiny fragments of my post in isolation from the whole, from the thread.

> I'm afraid that for the moment I have to leave your other points for
> what they are because I have to go and prepare a few lectures on, you
> know, MVCC and optimistic concurrency management. But you already knew
> that, didn't you? :-)

You need to tell us about that ?

Ok, God help your students. I will pray for them.

Cheers
Derek Received on Fri Feb 28 2014 - 13:41:23 CET

Original text of this message