Re: Impossible Database Design?

From: Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 05:37:49 -0800 (PST)

> On Wednesday, 2 October 2013 15:23:41 UTC+10, Jan Hidders wrote:
> > Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Snotgrass book is a pure abortion. Minus the vacuum tubes. He is a
> > long-term "researcher" at the Microshaft University. That should tell
> > you something. If you want to fail completely, while thinking that you
> > are succeeding, this is the book to read. It is available free, like
> > porn on the web and syphilis.
> >
> > The Date and Darwen books are yesterdays abortions, re-hashed and
> > re-titled. Good for training your mind to think like a schizophrenic.
> >
> > The Lorentzos book is very good, but heavy on the theoretical side.
>
> Really? You liked "Temporal Data & the Relational Model" by Date, Darwen
> and Lorentzos?
>
> Didn't see that coming. :-)

I didn't say that.

If you observe the whole post, Date & Darwen are subversive, schizophrenic, their books are "Good for training your mind to think like a schizophrenic." They have very little to do with the Relational Model, and they sell a lot of non-relational abortions under the title of RM.

I did not include Lorentzos in that category, that is all. As I recall it, he wrote the sections on temporal data, and the theorectical support is a head and shoulders above what Date Warden write. Still nowhere near Codd.

Cheers
Derek Received on Tue Feb 25 2014 - 14:37:49 CET

Original text of this message