Re: some information about anchor modeling

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:03:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Derek,

In this post I will present the list of all my results that are published for the first time in the scientific world. My results have always been published on my website and in this user group. So my papers were presented globally and at www.
The reason for this list is that it is possible to determine the priority of ideas and results.

All important and accurate results from Anchor Modeling I published four or five years before these results are published in Anchor Modeling. With this list of my results everyone can check it out, and in the case that I'm wrong, and then he can show that my assertions are nonsense. On the other hand, I stand behind my statements with the facts.

1.
For the first time, the history of events for the entity / relationship model is solved. Generally speaking, the General Databases are resolved. What are the "General Databases" you can see in my post from February 13, 2013 in this thread. This post is a supplement to my post from February 13 2013.

Why is it important to start from the entity and relationships? First, it is important construct E / RM, as it was written by K. Godel in 1944th. Secondly, this view of the world is precisely defined. It is not a philosophy, as a modal logic, where basic concept is the "world". But “world” is not precisely defined. Secondly, we are talking about real objects and their real relationships. In my data model, there are appropriate techniques that allow also work with abstract objects. So my data model works with the real world objects and with the abstract objects.
Note that in contrast to E/RM, object-oriented approach is actually oriented to "objects" that are stored in a memory of a computer. Frege’s definition of an entity (object) is introduced. What is the most important in this definition is that it is essentially a semantic definition. This definition provides a connection between the man and the real world. By applying the concepts we achieve that real objects can be represented as sets, whose elements represents the real world entities. We can apply current
(axiomatic) set theory or we can apply a new set theory in which Russell’s
paradox is not acceptable, because it makes no sense when identification is involved.

2.
In my work, for the first time is solved decomposition of an entity/relationship on the atomic structures. (See my Simple Form). Decomposition of the states of the entities / relationships on the atomic structures is also solved. (See my General Form)

The decomposition of states of entities was done in 2005, while decompositions for entities were presented on May 2006. My main goal was to get the atomic structures and the simple keys. So the simple key is much more important and more general thing than the surrogate key. Although the surrogate key can be applied in Simple Form, it is not of a general character, because the surrogate key can not be applied as an international standard.

Note that the decomposition on the Atomic structures was not proved in Anchor Modeling!
The authors of Anchor Modeling introduced their atomic structure without any evidence. Note that many scientists have devoted, virtually theirs entire work, to this problem. E. Codd had tried to do it in the RM / T, unsuccessfully. There is also the question: who guarantees that each business application can be presented via Anchor Modeling's structures. (knots, historized attributes and static attributes). Maybe there is another structure that is needed in the Anchor Modeling for some applications?

3.
My model is based on the states of the entities or relationships. This is an original approach that is very complex. It contains structured knowledge, atomic data structures, procedures for maintaining the history of events, procedures for identification, events, concepts, extensions, meanings and fact. Note that the theories that are based on the surrogate key does not maintain the history of events, so that they have only current state, that is, realistically speaking, these approaches do not have the states. First of all, here I think on OO approach and Codd's RM / T.

My model is completely new. It is somewhat in contrast to existing models. For example, my model has no anomalies of deleting, updating and adding, at all. Simply speaking, the main structure I named procedure (a), which is based on two identifiers, the identifier of an entity and the identifier of a state. (See my thread “The original version”)

However in my model, if we want then we can change the identifier of an entity. So, for different groups of states of one entity, we can assign different identifiers for one entity. See my paper “Database design and data model founded on concept and knowledge construct” section 4.2.4 at http://www.dbdesign11.com

The states depend on the project and business requirements. So "knowledgecolumns"  are variable, depending on many things. If one needs then he can add some new structural knowledge. See section 6.5.

Only these last two remarks indicate to the advantage of my data model. Note that the Anchor Modeling has a fixed structure for all the applications.

4.
Identification was introduced as the second semantic procedure, which is connected with the concepts. Attributes are defined for the first time as identifiers. Further recursively identifiers of entities (relationships) were introduced. Identifiers of states of entities (relationships) are introduced.
(see (3.3.3) in my mentioned paper)

Identification of complex objects is realized by using a combination of identifiers.
Generalized Leibniz's Law has been introduced for the purpose of identification.

5.
The first time the conceptual model was constructed with the use of Frege's semantic theory. Russell's paradox is resolved. The design of concepts was done by applying a structured knowledge.
In my conceptual model the following steps are required:

-       Concepts;
-	Procedures for identification;
-	Extensions and switch to the appropriate sets;
-	Construction of meaning – link between predicates and concepts, atomic
        sentences. Links between truth, meaning and facts;

6.
For the first time, the data from the database are based on only two events. These two events were used to introduce the definition of time.

7.
My data model uses some new mathematical ideas:
(a) The theory of sets, which is not founded on Russell's paradox.
(b) The model theory that takes into account the factors in the real world:

- States of entities and relationships;
- Atomic structures;
- Links between facts, truth and meaning as it is defined in my paper Semantic
  databases and semantic machines, sections 1,2,3; - Conceptual model that is determined with my data model.

So this kind of Model Theory, in fact "works" with the real world. It can realistically interpret sentence about the real world.

8.
Sequence as database's structures is introduced. This structure enables that the identifiers of entities can be changed. It allows someone that can “learn about an entity." This allows monitoring of changes in the number of entity's attributes, during the development of the “knowledge” about the entity. This structure is much more powerful than "anchors" and Codd's E-relation.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon Dec 30 2013 - 19:03:59 CET

Original text of this message