Re: What is a database?

From: Norbert_Paul <norbertpauls_spambin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:17:52 +0100

Eric wrote:
> No, seriously, what is your short, accurate definition of the word
> "database" (in, but not necessarily restricted to, a computer context)?

Something I had to learn for an exam was something like the following:

"A database is a collection of data that is - up-to-date, integrated and
- one common basis of information for all users of some application domain where 'integrated' means that the organization of the data rather follows 'real-world' (aka application domain) interdependencies of the stored information than software demands."

Norbert Received on Mon Dec 02 2013 - 20:17:52 CET

Original text of this message