Re: Sensible and NonsenSQL Aspects of the NoSQL Hoopla

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Note that Frege defined that the meaning of a sentence is its truth value. In >this way he connected logic and semantic at the level of sentences.

This is what I mistakenly wrote. In order to briefly write such a complex part of the theory, this part is escaped my attention.

It should be the following text: The referent of a sentence of type S is its truth value.

However, Frege explained that the meaning of a sentence is something which is relevant to determining its truth or falsity. Note that this is related to referents of saturated expressions. The unsaturated expressions, which are predicates, have referents of another kind. (Here the referents are not truth values.)

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon Sep 30 2013 - 21:40:00 CEST

Original text of this message