Big Data? Really?

From: Arthur Ward <art.ward_at_noreply.xx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:53:56 +0000 (UTC)

Am I the only one wondering who is buying all the Big Data products and services? I've seen a couple of vendor presentations where they talk like it's some kind of new gold rush but honest to god I'm not seeing anyting on hte ground. Thiry years ago if you knew anything about computers almost everyone you met wanted to know if you could build them a database. I've tried aksing some of my existing customers about big data requirements and I'm getting blank stares.

I can safely forget about it right? Sure jet engines and MRI machines and telco switches are important but in the big shceme of things they don't sell like hotcakes do they? Big data products are the same. A few big ticket sales to a handful of customers maybe. Its not a new gold rush. Received on Fri Jun 21 2013 - 18:53:56 CEST

Original text of this message