Re: How to normalize this?

From: <hugokornelis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:20:44 -0800 (PST)

Op maandag 11 februari 2013 10:09:55 UTC+1 schreef Norbert_Paul het volgende:
> I must admit that I didn't have a closer look at your FDs yet.
>
> So still without going deeper into them I guess that (ii) holds
>
> because Bernsteins algorithm only guarantees 3NF and does not
>
> guarantee BCNF, for example.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But I just don't see which NF is violated, nor how to resolve it.

> Try to avoid words like "idiot". It is often possible to write
>
> statements in a friendly manner that make the reader think these
>
> words.

You are right. I normally try to avoid harsh language. I reread my message and see that one slipped in this time. My apologies for that, and thanks for the friendly pointer.

Cheers,
Hugo Received on Mon Feb 11 2013 - 17:20:44 CET

Original text of this message