Re: some information about anchor modeling

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you George for this information. I think this information is important to those who use the user group to express their opinions, their ideas and their creativity. Also this information is necessary for all professionals from the IT industry who are not "scientists". Probably more should be written on this subject. Little attention is paid to protecting the intellectual property rights of these large groups of IT professionals. On the other hand, it is enough that some scientists publish a paper, which is the same as the work that has already been done by some IT professional, and the IT professional loses all the rights in this case. It took time for me to do serious science. I quit my solid job position and took lower level, part-time jobs, because it was not possible to work intensively computer science and to be employed full-time at another job. It resulted in a number of other material and non-material consequences. I am writing about this to demonstrate a small fragment of the things that a court can never fix.

In my case, I have published my work on my website and this user group, simultaneously. I have paid for my website. My work has been extensively discussed on this user group. At that time, these user groups were being translated into numerous languages. So for my work, there are plenty of witnesses. My results were published four years before the "Anchor Modeling" results.

Anchor Modeling uses a Surrogate Key. In my definition of an identifier of an entity (or relationship), a Surrogate Key is included. That definition states:

“Besides Ack, every entity has an attribute which is the identifier of the entity or can provide identification of the entity. This identifier has one value for all the states of one entity or relationship.” (see Section 1.1 at http://www.dbdesign10.com from the year 2005.

In this definition, the second part "... or can provide identification of the entity" refers to a surrogate. But only for those surrogates, that can provide identification of entities. In fact, my intention with this part of the definition of the identifier of the entity, was to identify the relationship. Especially when the relationship is represented via surrogates. This is a much more serious problem, which authors of Anchor modeling have not even noticed. In my paper, a relationship is, for the first time, defined as an abstract object. I also give a definition of identifiers of abstract objects and a definition of identifiers of states of relationships.

In my complaints to the publishing houses Springer and Elsevier, I stated that the paper Anchor Modeling is incorrect, that it has scandalous theoretical errors and that it uses very important sections from my paper. I showed the same on this user group. After that, a new version of Anchor Modeling was published. In this new version, my critique and important ideas form my paper were used to correct certain errors in the paper. As I have indicated in this user group, surrogates can be applied only in very limited cases. Note that this is a substantial work in computer science, as well as some for other sciences.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon Sep 17 2012 - 15:07:45 CEST

Original text of this message