Re: Article that discusses drawbacks with OR/Mappers?

From: Lennart Jonsson <erik.lennart.jonsson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:04:07 +0200

On 2010-09-30 23:15, TroyK wrote:
> On Sep 29, 1:00 pm, Lennart Jonsson <erik.lennart.jons..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> I'm looking for articles/case studies etc. discussing drawbacks of
>> OR/Mappers (finding articles etc. discussing the blessings are not
>> difficult to find). Any pointers welcome.
>>
>> /Lennart

> Have you seen this blog post by Ted Neward?
>
> http://blogs.tedneward.com/2006/06/26/The+Vietnam+Of+Computer+Science.aspx

I've seen it before, but completely forgotten about it. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will participate in a project in a nearby future and is collecting ammo against OR/M. The application in question is a typical datacentric one, where critical data is read from the database and presented to the user. I've heard suggestions from parts of the project that the data model should be generated by the OR/M, and I am, let's say sceptical to this approach. Received on Fri Oct 01 2010 - 08:04:07 CEST

Original text of this message