Re: RM VERY STRONG SUGGESTION 4: TRANSITION CONSTRAINTS

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 04:10:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Every tuple has a superkey consisting of all prime components;
I imagine that by *components* you mean attributes. A candidate key is simply a subset of a superkey.

> every
> key is a surrogate; therefore every tuple has a surrogate. A
> surrogate for what?
Stop using the false premise that a surrogate must be a superkey, and it will make total sense.

> For an object in the microworld being modeled.
It does remind me of a Star Trek quote...

> If that doesn't constitute a mapping, then perhaps you can enlighten
> me as to what does.- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -
The answers given to you by paul c and BB are crystal clear. paul c is correct you *do* have mental blocking about that. Received on Thu Sep 09 2010 - 13:10:33 CEST

Original text of this message