Re: General semantics

From: Nilone <reaanb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

On May 19, 2:37 pm, Cimode <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> *mental models* *empirical data* ?
> Quite frankly, I see no advantage into creating obscure terminology
> for already established meanings.

My apologies. I chronically abuse terminology, which probably indicates that my words exceed my content. I will appreciate it if you can provide the correct phrase so that I can improve.

> I have hard time understanding how one can better comprehend a theory
> starting from a potential application, if such application is
> possible.  Do you think one can truly understand the process of
> uranium enrichment by exposing oneself to an atomic explosion ?

I only said I derive my motivation from metaphysics, and I should include programming as well.

> cdt is not the best place to discuss philosophical and metaphysical
> implications of RM, if any.

In that case, I'll try to stick to the usual topics in the future, although I find it difficult to separate them. If I stray again, I'll appreciate your correction. Received on Wed May 19 2010 - 20:02:46 CEST

Original text of this message