Re: no names allowed, we serve types only

From: Nilone <reaanb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:15:28 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 17, 1:29 pm, David BL <davi..._at_iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Operators can be formalised without a type system too.  Simply
> formalise an operator as a function defined on some domain, where a
> domain is merely a set (not a "type").

Thanks for the introduction, I haven't seen the typeless model before. I don't see how such a system would handle arithmetic operators (e.g. + and <) and string operators like concatenation and search - could you perhaps give an example? Received on Wed Feb 17 2010 - 14:15:28 CET

Original text of this message