Re: Global Warming and what you can do to against it

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:00:18 -0600

Brian wrote:

> On Jan 16, 12:34 pm, "." <sustainable.future..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the
>> planet. It will also affect us;
>> rising sea levels, dwindling water supplies, mass deaths due to heat
>> waves, stoppage of the gulfstream, which
>> brings milder climate to north of Europe, super hurricanes, less food
>> due to droughts are some of the effects.
>> As you also know global warming is produced due to CO2 emissions
>> coming from burning of fossil fuels.
>
> Do liberals really think that saying something over and over will
> somehow make it become true?

Imbeciles do. I don't think any political inclination manages to exclude imbeciles very successfully. I consider myself pretty liberal.

Reducing one's energy costs (including the cost of managing one's energy use) is only sensible. Accounting for the energy cost of the whole life-cycle of any "energy saving" measures is also sensible. The latter is almost always neglected, especially in pursuit of CO2 reduction.

--
Roy