Re: foreign key constraint versus referential integrity constraint

From: Mr. Scott <do_not_reply_at_noone.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:32:16 -0400

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:0x7Gm.49741$Db2.23278_at_edtnps83...
> Mr. Scott wrote:
>
>> ... Table definitions are constraints. View definitions are queries.
>
> I detect some mysticism here. There has to be a reason to distinguish b
> between 'table' and 'view' this way, otherwise we don't need both terms.
> What is the reason (or reasons)?

There is nothing mystical here. Constraints specify what can and cannot be assigned a positive truth value, they do not specify what has been assigned a positive truth value. Queries manipulate what has been assigned a positive truth value or what can be derived from what has been assigned a positive truth value. Received on Thu Oct 29 2009 - 05:32:16 CET

Original text of this message