Re: In defence of the fat database

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 oct, 12:25, Roy Hann <specia..._at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:
> Nilone wrote:
> > My hobby horse at the moment is to
> > understand the problems of entities and objects.
>
> Leave such concepts to artisans.  Entertaining those two concepts
> (whatever one thinks they are) is the very first step towards confusing
> the data with the real world.  Once you do that you are lost.
I have a lot of respects for artisans and craftsman since they usually take great care into their science ;) Not much about the description of the world through the eyes of sloppy object minds and concepts.

Perhaps, a better analogy would be to compare the explanations of the world through the eyes of OO crowd as the explanations of how to turn lead into gold. In other words, OO crowd are the nothing else than the alchemists of computer science.