Re: POSSREPs as union types

From: <compdb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:55:12 -0700 (PDT)

Please ignore all mention of "cartesian" in my last message.

On Sep 3, 1:22 pm, com..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> A possrep (possible representation) maps a subset of a
> cartesian product (namely those that satisfy the possrep constraint)
> to values of the type. Two cartesian tuples can map to the same
> value. A selector invocation (a possrep name with arguments) maps
> its arguments as a cartesian tuple to the corresponding value.

I should have said:
A possrep (possible representation) maps a subset of a tuple type (namely those that satisfy the possrep constraint) to values. Two tuples can map to the same value. A selector invocation (a possrep name with arguments) maps its arguments as a tuple to the corresponding value.

philip Received on Fri Sep 04 2009 - 21:55:12 CEST

Original text of this message