Re: Entity and Identity

From: none <rp_at_raampje.>
Date: 27 Jul 2009 23:21:21 GMT

Nilone wrote:

>On Jul 25, 10:34 am, Nilone <rea..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> OO classes are used to create data types, since encapsulation,
>> constructors and attributes are necessary features to create data
>> types.  However, it fails as a type system since it allows subtypes to
>> be defined that breaks the original type.  It also allows for the
>> creation of reference types, which is an oxymoron.
>
>I mean mutable types, not reference types.

Aren't those problems caused by the use of mutability rather than OO inheritance? Of course subtypes can break the original type, but developers aren't supposed to do that. What alternative to inheritance do you propose for sharing function implementations across objects of different but related types, and how is it any safer?

--
Reinier