Re: Checking data consistency in the context of from-to-dimensions

From: Hans Mayr <mayr1972_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:36:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Thanks to everybody.

For the recommendation to read Lorentzos, Date and Darwen's book: Another reader has sent me an email, strongly recommending to read Date's "Introduction to Database Systems" first. I will look at Snodgrass’ book, but from the title I assume that it does not cover exactly the multi-dimensional cases I described.

Philipp: Sorry, but I think the problems I wrote about are more complex than the one you offer a solution for.

To be honest: It was fun to think about my problem and come up with the solution I stated in my original message. However I do not have the time to dig into database theory though I'd love to do so. What I need now is a solution, best a hint if there is one "standard solution" for the type of problem I described. So maybe I posted to the wrong group.

Thanks anyway.

Best,

Hans Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 22:36:39 CEST

Original text of this message