Re: Is a function a relation?

From: Marshall <>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:56:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 24, 10:31 am, Tegiri Nenashi <> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 8:27 pm, Marshall <> wrote:
> >
> On page 7:
> "...even defining division by zero to yield zero..."
> This prompted the following definition:
> "Computer science is a branch of applied mathematics that defines
> division by zero to yield zero"

The author of the paper was talking about someone else's system, and I don't think this was an endorsement of it.

I don't see how forcing every function to be total is a workable plan, although it does appeal to some people.

Marshall Received on Thu Jun 25 2009 - 02:56:51 CEST

Original text of this message