Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 juin, 20:34, jaygarri..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 10, 9:55 am, Gene Wirchenko <ge..._at_ocis.net> wrote:
>

> > David BL <davi..._at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

> > >Not having read that book myself, I could not say whether it contains
> > >recipes for intellectual dishonesty.  However I think BB would do well
> > >to think about the idea of being able to influence a wider audience.
> > >The importance of the relational model need to be pushed, and BB is
> > >talented enough to do so.  I often find myself reading his posts for
> > >words of wisdom, despite my distaste for his personality.
>
> >      If you had to pick one, which would you pick words of wisdom or
> > agreeableness?
>
> >      Fabian Pascal gave up on Database Debunking after several years.
> > It was grinding water.
>
> >      The same old stupidities keep coming again and again.  It is not
> > surprising that people get tired of explaining the same thing over and
> > over.
>
> > Sincerely,
>
> > Gene Wirchenko
>
> > Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> >      I have preferences.
> >      You have biases.
> >      He/She has prejudices.
> >If you had to pick one, which would you pick words of wisdom or
> >agreeableness?
>
> That's a false and self-serving dichotomy.
>
> >     The same old stupidities keep coming again and again.  It is not
> >surprising that people get tired of explaining the same thing over and
> >over.
>
> Then please stop martyring yourselves to the cause, Besides, it's not
> as though you have anything original to say anyway. While you're at
> it, please drop the pretext that this group is anything other than a
> circle-jerk for you, Badour, Marshall, cimode, et al., and an insular
> platform for omphaloskepsis and unwarranted egotism.
>
> Please, all of you, put your flaccid penises away and dispense with
> the Don Quixote/Sisyphus affectations.

Just take it easy. This is a place of public speech about database science. Contradictions and argument exchange are to be promoted and expected. Personal attacks, OTOH, such as the one you just made are to be avoided as much as possible. I wander what exactly have I said to upset you up to that point.

Just keep in mind there is in fact no *you*. Each of the names you quoted have no relationship to one another other than, perhaps, the firm belief that neither eloquence nor mumbo jumbo could be reasonnable substitutes for substance. Received on Wed Jun 10 2009 - 21:22:47 CEST

Original text of this message