Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 03:18:22 GMT

Brian Selzer wrote:
> "Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_ocis.net> wrote in message

>> rp_at_raampje.(none) (Reinier Post) wrote:

>>       ^^^^^^                          ^^^^^^^^
>>                                                               ^^^
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> That attitude exactly.
>>     I think that what I have caretted shows more bad attitude.  You
>> insult people and then complain about their attitude.  I think Bob was
>> wrong to call you an idiot.  He should have called you a fool.
>>

> While Bob delights in berating and belittling anyone who doesn't share his
> limited interpretation of database theory and in bullying those new to the
> field, at least he has the stones to be direct about it. What I don't
> understand is why he doesn't take offense at your presumption. Why should
> it have been Bob that called Reiner a fool? If you think Reiner is a fool,
> then why can't you just say it directly and unequivocally? Why should you
> have to pawn it off on Bob? Is it that such adolescent behavior is somehow
> beneath you? But not beneath Bob?

Bob B knows more (about this subject, maybe not others, such as HVAC) than Gene, who posts more about practice, and I suspect that Gene knows it, which suggests that he actually knows more than he says, and doesn't play around about it when he enters theory and good for him. From their material it is clear that they both have worked to find good grounds for their confidence in the opinions they have about the aspects of the subject they choose to comment on, as far as they go, which is among the finest human traits. Everything else is genes. Both have more posts that I have marked 'important' or 'work' than any other poster here. You are off on an irrelevant tangent, hand-waving, as usual, but on an different tack than usual.. I tbink words like 'limited' reveal an underlying resentment towards people who are capable of incisiive abstraction. Received on Wed Jun 10 2009 - 05:18:22 CEST

Original text of this message