Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 Jun, 17:20, Bernard Peek <> wrote:
> In message
> <>,
> writes
> >How do OO class concepts map to SQL table concepts?
> The answer to that is "badly."
> We aren't going to be able to give you a crib-sheet that maps the
> concepts in the two paradigms. Lots of very bright people have been
> trying to do that for a long while and they haven't succeeded.

This is very helpful in that I now know that there is no point in looking for OO concepts, since they are not present. I suppose the corollary is that I'll have to settle for what functionality I can get, and instead be a bit economic about the efforts to obtain what OO functionality or emulations I want; most of the efforts will be futile.

Thank you very much.

Dr. C. Received on Tue Jun 09 2009 - 17:48:04 CEST

Original text of this message