Re: Logic and databases

From: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:33:49 -0700

paul c wrote:
> A couple of books I found interesting in the last couple of years
> because they try to bridge the subjects were one by a guy named Toon
> Kooplars,

Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals, Toon Koppelaars, Lex De Haan.

http://www.amazon.com/Applied-Mathematics-for-Database-Professionals/dp/B001IDZ4DQ

It's a pretty good book.

> which I've lost at the moment and this one by Date. It seems
> that google books has some or all of it at
>

> http://books.google.ca/books?id=2egNzTk871wC&pg=PA119&lpg=PA135&ots=jK1eaEZGg6&dq=nothing+from+nothing+mcgoveran+date
>

> I especially liked the first couple of pages of chapter 5, also page
> 124. Unlike some of the ossified idealogues who write about this stuff,
> Date has been refining the essence of his opinions and discarding them
> when necessary, for about thirty years now. He must be getting on now
> but I find his stuff is becoming clearer and clearer, not as
> pedagogical/doctrinaire as some of the early stuff.

Email: jleffler_at_earthlink.net, jleffler_at_us.ibm.com
Guardian of DBD::Informix v2008.0229 -- http://dbi.perl.org/

publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-6360 sha160 2009-06-09 00:00:05
CBB34D8B488082DB9E54EEB6BDF6FC5E91F20597